PADI Wreck Diver Specialty
Want to explore sunken ships (Tulamben Ship Wreck), crashed planes and lost treasures beneath the surface? Then the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty program is just what you want.
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
The fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognizes that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
What's Included PADI Wreck Diver Course
To join the PADI Wreck Diver Course you must be at least the following.
- PADI Adventure Diver
- 15 years of age
- Good Health
- Completed Medical Statement (this can also be done when you arrive but if a yes is present then we will need to see a doctor before we can continue the course, this will incur an extra charge of 100,000Rp. Download from here.
The course will involve the following
- 4 Dives
- 2 Days
- Completed Knowledge reviews.
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels.
- How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures.
The dive sites for this course will depend on the conditions avalible, and will be determined on the day,
These sites may include:
- Tulamben – (USAT Liberty Wreck)
- Amed – Japanese Wreck
- Kubu Wreck
The following is included with this course.
- All Padi Materials and certification
- All Diving equipment
- Pickup/Dropoff for selected areas only (please check FAQ for more information)
- Lunch and bottled water
- All other transportation during your course
- And of course an awesome instructor.