GoPro with Bali Diving Divemaster Internship
Whether you choose to continue your education, start a new career or add something wonderful to your life by working part-time, being a Divemaster is a very rewarding experience!
The Divemaster Internship Program is your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving. Working closely with an Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for the on going experience into Assistant Instructor then on to the Open Water Instructor.
During the Divemaster Internship Program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others to improve their scuba skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
You will have a personal experienced instructor to oversee your training and be your mentor along with exposure to other instructors and dive masters, ensuring a varied and interesting training experience. In addition Robin, the executive partner of Bali Diving who is a former PADI district Course Director and SSI Instructor Certifier, works daily from the dive centre so is available for consultation and will be able to impart his pearls of wisdom from working in the dive industry for over 30 years. Collectively Bali Diving has over 37 years of teaching experience. This all means that no other dive centre can bring this level of experience to the table.
Divemaster Internship, Pricing and Packages
Choose your plan
- PADI Open Water
- PADI Advanced Open Water
- PADI Emergency First Response
- PADI Rescue Diver
- Divemaster Crew Pack
- Divemaster Application Fee
- Master Scuba Diving Rating
- Medical Fees
- Rental Equipment
- Free Equipment to keep
- Specialties (5)
- Unlimited Diving
- Overnight trip
- Lunch and Drinks During Courses
- Airport Pickup and return
- Visa Assistance
- Motor Bike Rental Assistance
- Discounts on equipment
- Discounts on additional courses
Fast Track (14 Day)
What you need to know.
To Qualify for the fast track program please meet the following requirements as a minimum.
- Certified Rescue Diver
- At-least 40-50 logged dives
- Valid PADI Emergency First Response or equivalent first aid
- In good health
- able to commit to 14 days with not many days off.
if you can answer YES to all the above then feel free to join us for an exciting 14 days for you becoming and PADI Divemaster.
- 18 years old
- Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization).
- Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization).
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
You’ll complete three phases in the Divemaster program:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Knowledge Development: Divemaster Role, Supervising diving activities, Assisting students, Divemaster-conducted programs, Specialised skills and activties, Dive theory, Dive environment, Dive safety, Business of diving, Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local area, Mapping a local open water site
- Practical Application: This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programs. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack, look no further. The Divemaster program is your first step in the leadership level in the system of diver education. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal diving skill.
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory.
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- Assist an instructor during the training sessions for any diver course.
- Conduct the Skin Diver course and Discover Snorkelling program.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the Scuba Review program.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the Digital Underwater Photographer Speciality Instructor rating to be able to teach the Digital Underwater Photography speciality.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of an Instructor during:
- Surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- When the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Speciality training dives under the indirect supervision of a Instructor.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with an Instructor.
- Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.