PADI UNDERWATER NATURALIST SPECIALTY
Interested in sea life? Then this program is for you! Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment.
The PADI Underwater Naturalist program will include two open water dives, which may be conducted in one day, which will introduce you to different aquatic life and include an overview of responsible human interactions with aquatic life. Some of the topic covered are:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments.
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations
What's Included PADI Underwater Naturalist Course
To join this Course you must be at least the following.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver
- 12 years of age
- Good Health
- Completed Medical Statement (this can also be done when you arrive but if a yes is present then we will need to see a doctor before we can continue the course, this will incur an extra charge of 100,000Rp. Download from here.
The course will involve the following
- 2 Dives
- 1 Days
- Completed Knowledge reviews.
- Introduction to the aquatic realm
- The Linnaeus Classification System
- Overview of Aquatic Life
- Aquatic organisms: Myths and human misperceptions
- Human interactions with aquatic life
- Project AWARE Foundation
- Specialty activities and aquatic life
The following is included with this course.
- All Padi Materials and certification
- All Diving equipment
- Pickup/Dropoff for selected areas only (please check FAQ for more information)
- Lunch and bottled water
- All other transportation during your course
- And of course an awesome instructor.